Thu, Nov 11|
Miami Whitewater/Hidden Hollow Camp
Curious about the basics of van travel, backpacking or tips on winter camping? Get outside with Arrow Adventure, Aclipse Camper Vans and RRT for camp talk, food demos, boxed wine tasting, fire and more. You can even start the weekend early and camp with us to test your cold-weather skills.
Time & Location
Nov 11, 2021, 4:00 PM
Miami Whitewater/Hidden Hollow Camp, 9001 Mt Hope Rd, Harrison, OH 45030, USA
About the event
Are you camping curious? Want to plan your next adventure or sharpen your outdoor winter skills? Start your weekend early with Arrow Adventure and Aclipse Camper Vans to keep adventuring through the chill of the fall. This jam-packed event will teach you the basics of winter camping, van travel, backpacking and more! Plus, we'll have fun doing it. Check out what's on the agenda:
- Aclipse Van Tours: Curious about van travel? Tour Aclipse Camper Vans and ask all of your questions to the Aclipse ladies so that you can travel with style, ease and a lot of road-tripping ideas.
- Backpacking: Visit a backpacking site setup to learn all about best practices of backpacking and how you can get out there yourself. We'll talk backpacks, prepping your body, the 10 essentials, bear bags vs. bear canisters and more. We'll also have a roundtable chat so that you all can share YOUR best tips and backpacking routes.
- Winter Hiking & Camping: Wanting to get outside year-round? Join cold-weather aficionado Dalton Spurlin of Roads, Rivers and Trails for tips to get you outdoors and winter-invigorated.
- Boxed Wine Tasting: Wanna pack some boxed wine on your next outdoor experience, but not sure what flavor is worth the weight? We'll do some sampling so you can wine and travel with ease.
- Cooking Demos: If you're intimidated by cooking outdoors we have just the thing for you. Enjoy some camp recipes AND some delish dehydrated meals, as we illustrate cooking on a variety of camping stoves. Bring your own stove to give it a go while you're there, and taste what we're slinging too.
- Campfire and S'mores Bar: Stick around to enjoy the campfire and a s'mores bar.
- Camping Available: Start your weekend early and stay in the campground! Campsites are limited, but available. Although alcohol will not be provided, campers 21 and over are welcome to bring their own drinks to the campsite.
- Friday Morning Hike: Overnight campers (or hikers who just want to come back in the morning) can join us for a morning jaunt on the scenic trails of Miami Whitewater Forest.
- Gear Exchange: Do you have used gear that you are looking to unload? Bring it to the event to trade with other gear swappers. Arrow Adventure will be happy to take any unclaimed gear for consignment or purchase.
More details to come. Hope to see you there!
Check-in and camp set up
This event ticket includes demos, food samples, wine tasting (21+), s'mores bar$35.00+$0.88 service fee
This ticket includes demos, cooking samples, wine tasting (21+), s'mores bar and a space for overnight camping. *Only one overnight adventurer ticket needed per camp site/tent.$50.00+$1.25 service fee